I Care Child Development Center has been offering child care to the children of Washington, D.C. for 30 years. We offer child care for children ages 6 weeks to 4 years.
Next to providing a bright, safe place in which your child(s) physical well-being is cared
This special context is established through consistent positive and respectful interaction with the children by all our staff.
The reason we devote such an emphasis on the environment we create for the children at I Care is that it has been well established by psychologists and other social scientists that a child’s
The Center’s mission is to provide children with:
- Empathetic, sensitive awareness of their individual needs for reassurance, comforting, and nurturing;
- Meaningful, educational experiences, allowing ample time for observing, listening, and questioning;
- Enriching sensory and motor experiences;
- Assistance in developing large and small motor skills and hand-eye coordination;
- Encouragement to utilize intellectual and creative abilities; and
- Most importantly, a safe environment in all aspects of learning, play, and rest.
Just a few of the many benefits of I Care
I Care is Invested in Educating the Children of the Future!
- Fifty-two-week operating schedule in a secured building from 7:00am to 6:00pm
- Tuition includes breakfast, catered hot lunch and two snacks
- All lead teachers have CDAs, Associate degrees, Bachelor degrees or Master degrees
- Playground facilities nearby; daily outside activities and/or field trips
- Gymnastics, dance, yoga and music classes offered for children 2+years
- The Center operates on the DCPS schedule for Inclement Weather Closings
The partnership between parents and staff help to create a strong foundation for the children. Our staff are edcuated and trained in child care and development.
Mrs. Sharon Jones-Adams
Infant/Toddler Lead Teacher
Ms. Keenia Adams
Education Specialist/ Special Education Coordinator
Assistant Administrator/ Lead Teacher
Ms. Fern Johnson
Education Specialist/ 2-year-old Lead Teacher
Ms. Deirdre Roy
Teacher for the 3 & 4 year old room
3 & 4-year-old Lead Teacher
Have questions? Please contact us.
3737 12th Street, NE
Washington DC 20017